Congratulations! Your about to receive your first lash set! It’s normal to feel a little nervous beforehand. Below I’ve listed basic tips and ‘rules’ to follow, to help your appointment go smoothly.
1. Keep your lashes and face clean. Foundation is ok, but no eye makeup.
2. Grab a mint! You’ll be in very close contact with your lash artist for 2.5+ hours. Just avoid the gum. Your lash artist wont appreciate heavy chewing while lashing.
3. **No coffee/caffeine. This actually makes your eyes flutter/twitch. (Even if you don’t notice it.)
4. Bring your contact case and glasses. Headphones are optional too.
5. Be sure to save at least 3 images to show your lash artist what kind of lash style you want. *Communication is SO important.*
6. Arrive 5-10 minutes early, this way you’ll have time to use the restroom and consult with your artist.
7. Most lash artists don’t mind if you talk while they are lashing. But try your best not to move or make facial expressions so their ‘lash canvas’ remains stationary.
8. Don’t get your lashes wet for 24 hours.
9. Brush your lashes daily and clean your lashes 2-3x a week. Your lash tech will recommend a lash shampoo to take home with you.
10. Avoid using masacara and oil based eyeliner. (Pencil eyeliner & powder eyeshadows are ok)
11. Keep your fills between 2-3.5 weeks and schedule in advance.
Hope this helped!